Agricultural, Estates and Rural Business
Blanchards Bailey has close links to the land and farming industry with our experienced lawyers advising rural families in the county for over 90 years.
We understand the people, relationships and issues that affect you. We are perfectly placed to help you protect your interests and take advantage of new opportunities.
Our team advises on all aspects of agricultural and business law, from land development and renewable energy to partnerships, disputes and commercial contracts.
We know that running a farming or rural business can be challenging and we are here to help you succeed.
Our services include:
Agricultural and rural land and property
- Sales and purchases of estates, farms and land
- Leases, licences and tenancies
- Secured lending on agricultural property
- Development arrangements, options and pre-emptions
- Renewable energy developments: solar and wind
- Farming property and boundary disputes
- Inheritance and succession disputes
- Contract/sale of goods/building disputes
- Partnership and Shareholder disputes
- Employment issues and disputes
Agricultural and rural businesses
- Companies, LLPs and partnerships
- Share farming and contracting arrangements
- Commercial agreements including marketing, supply agreements and standard terms and conditions
- Employment contracts and policies and procedures
- Business reorganisation
Farm and business inheritance
- Wills, trusts and probate
- Inheritance Tax advice
- Succession and lifetime asset planning
- Asset protection
- Divorces affecting farm businesses
- Pre and post nuptial agreements to protect assets
- Resolving family disputes using collaboration and mediation
The Agriculture and Estates team was recently recognised by The Legal 500 - read more about this here.